Amazon is an online shopping giant that clearly changing our consumer culture and it’s a great time to figure out how to easily buy on Amazon (shop). The site among the first sites established as e-commerce.
From its inception until today, Amazon has changed significantly, growing it and bringing even more products to its shopping shelf. So today you can find millions of different products on the website, from small to even larger and more expensive products. Amazon also exists on the international site (Amazon.com) and also has local dedicated sites such as for the UK, France and more.
Amazon also offers products from its products, products that it has branded or products that it has taken responsibility for. It also offers additional services like Internet streaming services, music and more.
There are many advantages to shopping online on the Amazon website, including a huge variety of different products, full availability of products from many suppliers, big and well-known brands, new and used types of products, home delivery with the courier and other great benefits.
Open an account on the Amazon site
To shop on the Amazon site, the first thing to do is open a free account. The truth is, you can do it later, too, but it is advisable to do so in the beginning.
To register, you must access the Amazon website at www.amazon.com. After entering the site, move to the search box has an area called “Accounts & Lists”, when you go to it a drop-down menu will appear and there you need to click on the “Start Here” link.
Once you click on the link, a new page will open and a contact form will need to fill in your personal information such as your full name, e-mail, and password. By the way, after signing up, you can also buy on Amazon’s local websites.
How to search for products on Amazon?
After registering for the site, you will be taken back to the main page and the product search process can begin. Here’s how:
- Search box – You can enter the product or brand name in the search box. The more details you enter, the more accurate and limited the information will be.
- Menu – The menu, below the search box, allows you to search for products by product categories, for example: technology products, clothing, footwear, home goods and more.
- Promotional Pages – Amazon offers several different pages of products where you can find different products.
Once you’ve chosen the preferred way you’re looking for the product, you’ll probably want to filter results that aren’t relevant. You can filter by type, size, color, brand, delivery to your country of residence and more. The larger the filter, the fewer products will be, but they will be more accurate.
How to find a good product?
A good product is a product that meets your requirements, it is a product that has the features that will serve you and what you need. Here are some things to consider when buying a product:
- Reviews (Quantity + Rating) – Many consumers when purchasing products provide their product review. Purchase a product that has a rating of at least 4 stars and above, and also have at least a few dozen ratings.
- Price – Expensive products are usually better than cheap products so it is worth taking this into account. By the way, not all cheap products are bad, so it’s important to compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges.
- Delivery – Each product page shows how much shipping costs and how long the product will reach you. If you want to get the product ahead of time, it will usually be more expensive.
- Product Features – Read the product features you want to buy. This is how you will know if it meets your needs.
- Warranty – Look for the product warranty. What happens if the product is incorrect, inappropriate, small/large and the like. The information appears within the Product Page under Seller’s Warranty alongside the Product Description, below the Product Pictures.
Tax on online shopping
When shopping on an Amazon site it is important to find out what the taxation policy is for purchasing products and services.
How to choose a good seller?
Buying a good product online is not enough, you should also choose a good supplier. Here’s what to pay attention to:
- Seller rating – on the product page at the top there is a supplier’s name and rating. Choose a seller that is rated with 95% or higher.
- Seller’s Warranty – In the product, it is the responsibility of the seller to provide the product under different conditions that the product is not good, not suitable for you or worn/improper, check it.
So how to buy a product on Amazon?
Once you have selected your product and seller, simply click the Buy Now button, if you want to continue shopping click Add to Cart.
Once clicked, an important page will open where additional information such as personal information, telephone, residential address and more will be filled.
How to pay?
Products can be purchased through the following ways:
- International Credit Card – A 16-digit card like Visa, American Express or MasterCard. It can be purchased by the bank or credit card company.
- Prepaid card – You can also purchase a prepaid credit card.
- Amazon Card – If you have an Amazon credit card, it’s time to use it.
- Gift Card – If there is a Gift Card, it can be used on Amazon.
Tracking shipments through Amazon
You can log in to the order management area in your Amazon account to get information about all orders and payments. In addition, you can receive a shipping tracking code that you can enter with the supplier who ships the product and know where the product is at any time.
It is also possible to obtain the information through the postal company.
Deals & Discounts
But, there are some links you should keep:
- The most popular coupons on the Amazon site at this link.
- The best-selling products in the last 24 hours at this link.
- The most equal deals include interesting deals at this link.
- The most requested products on the Amazon website at this link.
Amazon Customer Service
Sometimes there are various problems such as delivery that has not arrived, wrong credit billing, a dispute with the supplier and more. In such cases, you can contact Amazon Customer Service here.
So how do you start shopping? Checking here: